Lecturers at Academic City College – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
Academic City is a premium tertiary education institution designed to nurture and develop the intellectual capital on the African continent. We have a dedicated focus on innovation-driven learning through new contexts and paradigms, within a transformative learning environment. Our premium teaching talent is facilitated with a state-of-the-art campus in Haatso, Accra, including amphitheater-style lecture halls, student-engaging classroom designs, latest technology/equipment, a venture incubator, and a modern-design engineering workshop.
Comparable to educational institutions abroad, Academic City aims to drive holistic student development with a strong emphasis on activity-based learning, supplemented with entrepreneurial thinking, ethical decision-making, and social-emotional learning.
The core responsibilities of the Lecturer and Sr. Lecturer positions will include
Core Teaching & Student learning
- To engage in teaching undergraduate programs as determined by the Head of Department. The range of teaching duties may change from time to time.
- Contribute to the design, content, learning material and delivery of specific areas of teaching and learning and the quality of teaching delivered.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the continuous review and development of the Department’s programs.
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination of courses when appropriate to do so
- Work per University policies and procedures to undertake an assessment of students’ work and give feedback.
- Advertisement: Scroll down to keep reading
- Enhance students’ learning with the use of technology and virtual learning environment.
- Deliver an inclusive learning environment for students.
- Peer observation to support your professional development and that of colleagues.
- Assist with course-related field trips, internships, and other external engagements.
Research and Scholarly-related Activities
- Contribute to the research profile of the Department and/or institution and pursue a personal research program consistent with the Department’s research priorities.
- Collaborate in research activities and initiatives with colleagues in and beyond the department if appropriate.
- Engage in subject professional and pedagogy research as required to support and inform teaching activities.
- Ensure that outcomes of research and scholarly activity are appropriately disseminated in peer-reviewed outlets.
- Apply for grant funding and manage, as appropriate, any grants which are secured.
- To work within and actively support the policies and practices of Academic City College.
- To participate in communication structures such as course team and department meetings to support effective management arrangements and promote good relations with staff and students.
- To ensure that the university’s cross-cutting goals of entrepreneurial thinking, inclusive collaboration, critical reasoning, constructive communication, ethical conduct, and sustainability inform all activity related to the role.
- Establish contacts within the wider community where possible and begin to form ethical relationships for future collaboration.
- Take part in relevant internal committees and working groups.
- To work within a framework of effective governance, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, legislation policies, and procedures.
- To be responsible for your continuing self-development.
- Contribute to the wider mission and reputation of the institution with active involvement in activities contributing to general university life e.g. open days, student activities, alumni events, mentoring, personal tutoring and engagement with student support and delivery of outreach activities e.g. school visits, local community activities
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the institution’s business without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Teaching and/or industry experience in the relevant area(s) of study
- PhD in the relevant subject area
- Track record of research and/or innovative teaching programs of study
Areas of study
- Business: Marketing, Accounting, Banking & Finance, Human Resource Management
- Social Sciences: Journalism, Mass Communication, Mass media,
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology
- Sciences: Physics, Chemistry
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to
The subject line of the email should be “Application for < Role, Your Name >”
Application deadline: 30th September 2019