Learning And Development Officer at HPW Fresh & Dry – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd is a fruit processing company. HPW is synonymous with fresh from harvest fruit, crisp and crunchy vegetables from Africa and Asia. We develop stand-alone products for our customers that meet the most exacting quality standards and offer maximum availability – for wholesalers and retailers, as well as for the food industry.
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports To: HR Manager
- Location: Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adeiso, E/R.
To coordinate and support the development and delivery of effective learning & development programs and organisational development initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates the development, delivery and evaluation of staff learning and development programs and the implementation of an annual corporate training plan and budget.
- Monitors regularly to ensure training and development policies and procedures are applied fairly and uniformly throughout the company
- Identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Line managers
- Coordinates the preparation of and execution of annual training programmes
- Designs training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Liaises with Departmental Heads and supervisors to prepare orientation programmes for new staff and co-ordinates the execution of such programmes.
- Develops and implement systems for evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programmes
- Liaises with departmental heads on career development programmes for key staff and follow up regularly to ensure that such programmes are on track
- Provision of data for Free Zone reporting on trainings on quarterly basis
- Prepares training bonds for staff who are sponsored for trainings
- Develops vocational trainings program in cooperation with KNUST or other institutions related to the below:
- Food processing and technology
- Plant technicians
- Prepares and deliver induction and refresher trainings on selected topics
- Maintains database on training and development activities
- Provides guidance to line managers to help them identify learning needs of staff
- Monitors and reviews the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with Line managers
- Ensures that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluates training and development programmes and present quarterly reports to management
- Amends and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Assist line managers and trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Administrates Learning Management System (LMS) and ensure systematic capture of corporate training records and data.
- Designs and facilitates training sessions as and when necessary
- Develops and coordinates “in-house” training sessions / programs.
- Prepare Quarterly reports on training effectiveness.
D/ Specific Duties in Regard to BRC issue 6 Global Standard for Food Safety
- You shall assist the HR Manager in the fulfillment of the following clause in the standard: 7.1 Training
Maintains contact with departmental heads and other line managers/staff
Maintains contact with local training institutions, government departments, consultancy firms.
Required Skills or Experience
University Degree in Human Resource Development or Social Science with hands-on experience in training and development
- Ability to design and facilitate training events
- Very good knowledge of learning and development systems and principles
- Ability to design and administer key learning and development systems
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
- Ability to plan and organize training programmes
- Ability to prepare training budgets and monitor the execution
- Ability to deliver work to tight deadlines
Submit your CV to [email protected]