LC Waikiki Retail Company is a leading fashion retail company with a turnover of $3 billion. LC Waikiki’s journey started in France in 1988, continuing after 1997 as a Turkish brand under the umbrella of LC Waikiki Mağazacılık Hizmetleri Ticaret A.Ş.
Today LC Waikiki trades in around 1056 stores in 47 countries, with the company’s philosophy that “Everyone Deserves to Dress Well” enabling people to enjoy accessible fashion through quality products at affordable prices.
There are nearly 3000 people working at LC Waikiki’s corporate office, more than 47,000 people in Turkey and abroad.
LC Waikiki aims to be the one of the 3 most successful ready-made clothing brands in Europe by 2023.
Job Title: Chief Accountant
We Crown Our Successes with Awards
We were awarded in 5 categories in “Retail Innovation Forum and Awards-2019” which was organized by Capital Journal.
We are ranked as 1st in “The Largest Ready-Made Clothing Retailer of Turkey based on the Number of Stores”
1st in “The Biggest Retail Companies According to Square Meter Abroad”
We ranked 1st in Women Employee Friendly&Women Manager Friendly Companies in Capital Women Friendly Companies Survey 2020.
We received The Most Reputable Brand of the Year – Turkey Award by The One Awards in 2020.
We ranked 1st in “Most Admired Companies of the Business World” survey conducted by Capital Magazine, in the Ready-to-Wear and Retail category in 2019.
The Role: Chief Accountant
The person will functionally be directly reporting to Regional Finance Manager in Turkey and will be mainly responsible of all accounting and financial cycles including transaction processing and monthly closings, tax, treasury & legal, budgeting and statutory reporting as well as management reporting.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with the team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies
- Ensuring the correctness of relevant book-keeping and preparing all tax declarations properly on time
- Being the contact person for the relations with tax authority and establishing a good communication with the tax authority
- Follow up new tax legislations that may have an effect on operation and informing the HQ finance when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing complete and accurate financial statements in accordance with local requirements as well as Group Accounting Policy.
- Preparation of monthly,quarterly and annual management reports for submission to HQ in Turkey
- To deal with Treasury related processes, reconciliations and cash flow management
- Cooperation with external auditors to carry out periodical external audit processes.
- Supervise and follow all necessary financial applications to the public authorities and commercial organizations.
- Managing the process of archieving of documents according to legal requirements and company procedures.
- Doing Sitatituonal Leasdership for the Accounting Team
Education & Language Skills
- University degree in Accounting / Business Administration / Economy
- Fluent English (written & verbal)
- Sound knowledge in local Tax laws and regulations,
- Strong accounting background with accrual accounting mentality,
- Experience in local bookkeeping,
- Sounds IFRS financial reporting knowledge,
- Minimum 6 years of experience in similar positions ; retail experience is an asset,
- Result oriented and have a positive attitude,
- Excellent communication skills,
- High sense of responsibility,
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment.
At LC Waikiki, our values being virtuous, achieving together, extensive expertise, being customer-oriented, challenging the difficulties.
So if you ready to dynamism and want to grow with challenges, come and join us!
At LC Waikiki, we take the time to review each and every application due to LC Waikiki prerequisites. If your application found appropriate we will contact you via phone or email.