Lancaster University Ghana Job Vacancy : Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering (Undergraduate Programme) – Jobs in Ghana
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
We are a dynamic, ambitious and growing university community. We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to developing:
- An excellent student academic and social experience;
- Students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- World-class academic staff, with strong links with industry;
- Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
Lancaster University Ghana/Transnational Academic Group Ghana is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a passion for teaching, research, technical support and a commitment to excellence for Lectureship and Laboratory Assistant role in the university.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate for Lectureship position in the following area: Undergraduate Programme – Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities
To participate in the University’s teaching and research activities in the Engineering Department as follows:
- To contribute to the teaching commitments of the Department by carrying out:
- Teaching, examining, and administrative duties on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the Department as and when required;
- Contribute to the curriculum development and the design of individual courses offered by the Department;
- Mentoring and supervision of project dissertations undertaken by students;
- To engage in research, teaching and scholarly activity in Mechanical Engineering and associated areas including the public and engagement and debate on Mechanical engineering, and its role and applications in the industrial sector throughout the world;
- Contribute significantly to the life and continued success of the Department including assisting with implementation of Engineering’s expansion plan;
- Design and implement health and safety procedures for students and colleagues working within the Mechanical Engineering department;
- To contribute regularly to Departmental seminars, discussion groups and collaborative research groups;
- To contribute to the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- To participate fully in Department’s Committees and contribute administratively to running of the department;
- To contribute as appropriate to programme management and related activities;
- To maximise the impact of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering research, development and application , and to complement and enhance related activities of the department;
- To develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies and academic groupings;
- To promote equality, diversity and inclusion and be committed to your own professional development;
- To contribute to the development of the interface with external organisations;
- Provide cover for colleagues on leave where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required;
- To contribute to the wider objectives of the Engineering Department (including participation in Open Days, Student recruitment, School visits, Career support, Student experience, raise the profile of the Programme, raise the profile of LUG and TAG
Required Skills or Experience
|Required Academic Qualifications and Competencies||Essential/Desirable||*CV/ Supporting Statement/Interview/Presentation|
|A PhD or equivalent in a subject relevant to Mechanical Engineering. Substantial industrial experience and demonstrated leadership may be accepted in lieu of a PhD.||Essential||CV/References|
|Chartered Mechanical Engineer||Desirable||CV|
|Evidence of a strategic approach to research impact and successful track record in external engagement across academic and /or industry, nationally and internationally, and/or policy networks relevant to Mechanical Engineering||Essential||CV/Interview|
|High level expertise and an international and national reputation in research and a significant track-record of research publications.||Essential||CV/Interview|
|A clear track record in delivering a high quality student experience through teaching and supervising undergraduates, postgraduates. Please state your teaching experience and record of supervising students to successful completion.||Essential||CV/Interview|
|To convey an appropriate rationale and interest in applying for this particular post||Essential||Cover Letter to CV|
|Experience of teaching in Higher Education (both undergraduate and postgraduate)||Essential||CV/Supporting Statement/Interview/Presentation|
|Experience of module design, curriculum development and quality assurance, using pedagogical research to develop the learning experience||Desirable||CV/ Supporting Statement/Interview/Presentation|
|Experience or good understanding of the issues involved in transnational education||Desirable||Interview/ Supporting Statement/ Presentation|
|A high degree of motivation within the Engineering discipline and a strong desire to work towards embedding a research culture||Essential||CV/ Supporting Statement/Interview|
|Experience of working co-operatively and flexibly with colleagues including undertaking appropriate administrative responsibilities||Essential||Interview/Supporting Statement|
|Evidence of the ability to take an effective leadership role||Desirable||Interview/ Supporting Statement|
|Evidence of leadership of large, multi-partner research projects. Please list the composition of the groups that you have either led or been part of in the last 5 years.||Desirable||Cover Letter to CV|
- Application Form – assessed against the application form and curriculum vitae. Evidence will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process.
- Interview – assessed during the interview process by competency based interview questions, tests, presentation etc.
- Presentation – assessed against a formal presentation made to the panel as part of the interview process
- Supporting statement – assessed against a self-evaluating supporting statement that sets candidate’s experiences and qualifications against the person specification, with supporting evidence.
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support to [email protected] and mention Lecturer – Mechanical Engineering in the subject line.
- Closing date: 15th January 2019
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.