Koachie Health Systems (KHS) is a non-governmental and non-profit Health IT organization based in Ghana, Accra. We are dedicated toimproving patient care through technology by working in partnership withgovernment, partners, civil societies and the private sector. We focus onsoftware development and implementation.
Job Title: System Interface/Integration Developer
- Develop tools for Interfacing software with other software used inthe medical settings using communication protocols such as RS232and TCP/IP
- Work with end-users, vendors and other IT staff to ensure themaximum level of integration between systems is achieved.
- Develop interfaces utilizing the latest messaging formats supportedstandard for HL7, ASTM, ABX Proprietary Format, Vital Proprietaryformat, CLSI LIS2-A, CLSI LIS2-A2 and other technologies relevantto the system
- Create/maintain programming standards for the development andmodification of interfaces.
- Ensure interfaces are tested appropriately and they comply withregulatory and organizational standards.
- Critical thinking skills to assess partners’ needs, and determine theappropriate course of action to meet those needs.
- Interviews partners to collect information on development requests.If troubleshooting an issue, directs partners through diagnosticprocedures to determine source of problem.
- Provide support for the existing interface environment throughlogical trouble-shooting, patch management and capacitymanagement.
- Baseline the performance of the system in order to plan for growthin capacity and to maintain optimum performance.
- Provide support as needed to other staff in the trouble-shooting ofsystem issues which may be related to interfaces.
- Proactively monitor the system for issues and respond as needed.
- Ensure that system patches are tested and applied in a timelymanner utilizing the network team to facilitate the application of thepatch.
- Ensure that all interface information is transported in a securemanner.
- Utilizes problem-solving skills, creativity and innovation.
- Work with project teams to ensure that interface-related activitiesare accurately identified in project schedules.
- Work with project teams to ensure interface development supportsneeded workflow and system changes throughout the organization.
- Manage projects related to interface development such as interfacesystem upgrades, patches and data extraction.
Required Skills or Experience
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems orequivalent education/experience.
- 2 years’ experience in at some scripting languages
- Good in Java, core PHP, MySQL, C++ and others
Send your CV to [email protected]