Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Job Title: Underground General Foreman – Mechanical
To ensure the efficient supervision and control of Underground Mobile Equipment Maintenance by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives.
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team
- Plan and organize maintenance jobs safely and within a budget
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place
- Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
- Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML Underground assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in a good condition.
- Execute the planned jobs according to priorities and the availability of equipment and in accordance with Kinross / CGML work management practices.
- Distribute maintenance and repair jobs to Underground Mechanical Maintenance supervisors and technicians
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities.
- In case of accidents, perform survey, report accident as per existing policy, proceed for repair, and then issue a report-with photos whenever required.
- Ensure smooth job handover to the next shift, with required documentation and JDE entries in place
- Supervise maintenance and repair works directly or through supervisors, communicate correct procedures and assign duties as required
- Ensure that Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with CGML
- Prepare the regular and necessary reports as required
- Open, review and close Work Orders in JDE, prepare Purchase Requisitions and estimates
- Work with other maintenance software tools as required
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of failures
- Coordinate with the planning section to set / review required maintenance / repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies
Education and Experience
- HND/Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable and accredited institution
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in mining maintenance field
- Has the skill of planning, deciding priorities and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues, other departments, contractors and Government Authorities.
- Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any mechanical works and analyze offers to recommend the best
- Good computer skills
- Ability to perform general administrative and supervisory duties to fulfil the requirements of position
- Must be flexible with the ability to multi-task with strong time management skills.
- Must act with integrity & professionalism
- Valid Driver’s License
Closing Date : 4 Oct, 2020