Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Job Title: Technical Services Manager
Lead the execution of strategy for the mine engineering function and ensure alignment with the organization’s overall strategy. Ensure continued growth of the mine engineering team, to maximize operational efficiencies and profitability, and to cultivate exceptional stakeholder and employee satisfaction.
- Develop and establish standards of mine design and mine planning aligning with corporate standards
- Lead execution of mine design and mine plan
- Interface across departments and outside firms to ensure deliverables align with overall strategy and meet objectives
- Provide technical support, advice and assistance to operations, technical services and project groups
- Execute short and intermediate-term strategies that support the growth of the mine engineering team; ensures strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s overall strategy
- Lead the execution of strategies in the mine engineering team to enhance current practices and performance
- Develop systems and measures that appropriately assess the team’s performance and review progress to ensure achievement of targets
- Manage the human, financial, and operational resources of the department.
- Formulate the annual operating and capital budgets for the team
- Act as a change agent and project sponsor for key initiatives; models organizational values, sets the cultural tone, and prioritizes business goals
- Set performance targets and measures, monitors, and manages the overall performance of the function and direct reports
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the metallurgic team’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develops key talent
- Train and provide mentorship to all Technical Services staff and implement programs for the retention of employees
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized accredited institution
- Minimum of 15 years of related work experience
- Knowledge and experience in coordinating the mine engineering functions for study phases, basic and detailed engineering through site development and operations
- Knowledge and experience in developing policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment and individual, and organizational development
- Proficiency with Vulcan, Surpac, Mine 24-D, Datamine or other industry standard mining software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Must be prepared to sit and obtain Chief Mining Engineer certificate of competency from the Minerals Commission within 3 months of appointment
Closing Date : 4 Oct, 2020