Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Chief Accountant
The overall scope of this role is to supervise the Accounting staff and to assist the Assistant Controller in all areas.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining the internal controls in all areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounting staff understands all their duties as well as Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for supervising and guiding the accounting staff. Distribute tasks as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily accounting tasks are accurate and on time.
- Responsible for assisting during the month-end closing preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for assisting other managers with arising queries as well as providing them with reports needed for the operation.
- Responsible for assisting with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the assistant controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with the assistant controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in diverse hotel accounting role
- 2+ years in an accounting management position
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and PCI DSS
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition, they should be especially:
- Passionate for European luxury
- Analytical thinker
- Business acumen
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open-minded
- Works well under pressure