Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Cost Controller
The overall scope of this role is to audit and analyse the hotel operational activities and provide accurate reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for performing spot checks of the receiving of goods and verifying accuracy of deliveries.
- Responsible for performing spot checks in the culinary area and verifying yielding and wastage.
- Responsible for verifying that food recipes are accurate and have updated cost and sale prices, as well as compliance during preparation.
- Responsible for performing spot checks in Housekeeping, Laundry and Stewarding areas and verifying use of materials in regards to dosage and proper use.
- Responsible for performing spot checks in the bars and verifying recipes and portion standards are followed.
- Responsible for randomly auditing the market list and use of seasonal items.
- Responsible for performing audits to ensure that inventory movements are recorded correctly.
- Responsible for documenting and filing all findings and recommendation.
- Responsible for performing random inventories and verifying accuracy versus the perpetual inventory as well as that the stock levels are on par with current needs.
- Responsible for creating and distributing monthly cost reports.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies in invoices or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Degree/HND or its Equivalent
- 2+ years in hotel accounting
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential. Embrace an experience as individual as you are!