Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Bartender
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned palce of work, providing a courteus, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to Assistant Bar Manager
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Be able to lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Be able to ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team
- Be very knowledgeable about all service procedures of the bars, lounges and restaurants in the hotel.
- Have an excellent understanding of food in general, ingredients and preparations to ensure the right drinks, cocktails and spirit can be recommended.
- Have an excellent understanding of classic cocktails trends, their recipes and history.as well as spirits and liqueurs.
- Be able to control stocks, produce efficient costing of cocktails and spirits as well as perform excellent recommendations to guests.
- Be able to develop new recipes based on guest requests.
- Be able to fully comply to the beverage guidelines given by the hotel and management.
- Show an interest to develop and explore the local bar culture and knowing the places to go.
- Be able to run a bar from A-Z with all mise en place preparations, production of cocktails, cashiering as well as shift end duties.
- Have accomplished all internal trainings for up selling techniques, complaint handling and product knowledge.
- Understand bar culture and the night life scene.
- Continuously train on cocktails and trends.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA.
- Minimum 3 years in an F&B service role.
- Awards/ certificates/ trainings related to bar operations are preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of beverages (cocktails, liquors, wine, etc…).
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.