Jumia Vacancies 2022
Jumia is a clear ongoing success story and is already the leading Internet Group in Africa. Founded in 2012, it is currently operating in 15+ countries and is empowered by more than 4,000 employees. Since inception, Jumia has created over 100 companies in 10 different verticals: online retail, food ordering platform, recruitment platform, online marketplace, real estate marketplace, vehicle marketplace, B2B logistics provider for online commerce, online travel agency and P2P lending marketplace. Jumia has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC and Goldman Sachs. Early 2016, the group received more than 500M USD funding, valuing the company at over 1bn USD
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey
Job Title: Vendor Acquisition Associate
As a Vendor Acquisition Associate, you are required to facilitate the sourcing and signing up of Leads (Vendors) with high potential of partnering with Jumia. Some of your responsibilities are:
- Lead the Jumia Commercial Acquisition strategy and meeting key targets.
- Ensure the timely successful on-boarding process flow for the new acquired merchant within a stipulated time frame
- Create product assortments (SKUs) in compliance with upload standards and Key Performance Metrics
- In addition to organic growth, implement a referral campaign to grow Jumia’s active vendor base
- Work on the lead generation through tele-acquisition channel
- Ensure sales from newly onboarded merchants within the first 7 days of go-live
- Optimise the performance of newly signed vendors, recommending processes to improve and motivate them in the line with the company’s objectives
- Understand company policies and procedures associated with selling on Jumia Seller Centre with commission charged included in the contracts.
- Play the role of an advocate of the vendor to the internal management of his company.
- Accountable for vendor acquisition pipeline planning
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either or of the following: Vendor Hunting, Vendor management, Sales and Customer Relations Management
- Candidate should have a degree in related courses which include Business Administration/Management, Sales, Marketing.
- Good relationship with top distributors and brands in Major markets would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Ghanaian languages
- Started and completed National Service
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work under immense pressure and stress
What We Offer
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team