Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Job Title: Grocery Associate
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the screening of prices of grocery priority products at hypermarkets and provision stores
- Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory and general issues
- Participate in taking inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory for accuracy
- Following up on stock received, inbounded etc
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum High National Diploma (HND) or equivalent qualification required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a grocery clerk or associate.
- Proven customer service or retail experience is a plus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication and people skills
- Alignment with the Jumia Values
- A lifestyle of excellence, passion and integrity
- Ability to unlearn and learn new skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.