Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Jumia Global Commercial Planner
As a Jumia Global Commercial Planner, you will be responsible for implementing the strategy of the business.
You will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs & for driving proactive and actionable commercial insights, standardization of analytics and time reporting, marketing execution and performance reviews for Jumia commercial events. Your scope will provide you with all levers to drive your business toward the right direction. This position justifies a high exposure to Managing Directors, CCO up to Jumia CEOs.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Steer the day to day commercial performance,
- Monitoring daily performance to achieve present targets and objectives
- Deep-diving into data to proactively provide turn around plans
- Drive the growth,
- Analyzing consumer buying behavior and developing insight into future trends
- Having accurate knowledge of local competition: who they are, what prices they have and their products
- Building business plans for your category (ies) to ensure we grow them in a structured way. Those BP will be presented to Jumia local CEO & CCO as well as Jumia Group CCO
- Ensuring we have the right products at the right prices: anticipate sourcing through categories roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough missing strategic assortment
- Manage Jumia Global commercial Operations,
- Proactivily liaising with various teams within the organization to ensure a smooth flow of operations
- Obtaining weekly-promotion items in liaise with Jumia Global China Commercial team
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited universities
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Strong commercial skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure
- Good analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
- Familiar with relationship management tools
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet service lines
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds