Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
Main responsibilities :
- Managing the country’s teams / efforts in terms of: Customer experience, Vendor experience, Customer Service and IT local resources
- Leading recruitment when necessary.
- Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, vendor management, marketing) to explain the forecasted projects & get support, as many of the Ops projects are transversal.
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their sharp and timely local execution.
- Ensuring execution and improvement of the centrally defined routines
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness across the country’s different services, through training & communication, to make Customer & Vendor Experience central in all decisions
- Collecting detailed feedback from customers & vendors
- Based on customer & vendors feedback: Feeding central team with their synthesis and the related necessary improvements; and leading local necessary adaptations and improvements
Requirements & Qualifications :
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business management, Accounting, Economics, Marketing or related field from a recognized and accredited university.
- A Masters’ in any relevant field is an added advantage
- More thank 8 years strong experience in senior operations management, deep culture & knowledge of Customer & Vendor Experience best practices in ecommerce, ideally specifically in developing countries.
- Strong inter-personal skills: convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Experience in Project Management with proven ability to drive processes from inception to finish
- Strong business sense and adequate knowledge of Customer service, customer experience, online marketplace model and ecommerce environment
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and Power point) and Google Office productivity tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong leadership, organizational and team management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines on schedule.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take