Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Job Title: Sourcing Associate
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Sourcing Associate will be responsible for the inventory management of our controlled ecommerce grocery supply and our dark store supply. He/she will be working with the commercial teams to ensure correct inventory levels at all times – creating POs, matching inventory to demand, working with the supplier to adjust PO, working with Jumia Services to inbound stock in a timely manner.
- Making sure POs are raised and sent to the suppliers in due time with the right quantities.
- Following up on stock received, inbounded.
- Contributing to the automation of our replenishment processes (automatic PO, etc).
- Ensuring there is a steady flow between our main warehouse and our dark stores.
- Anticipating the needed supply based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns.
- Monitoring and analyzing current inventory based on key inventory management KPIs.
- Developing action plans in coordination with the sales team to optimize stocks.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Valid degree from a tertiary institution- BSc/HND ( a degree in supply chain and logistics or operations management will be a plus)
- Minimum 5 years buying experience in a leading Hypermarket chain
- A good knowledge of and an enthusiasm for E-Commerce in Africa.
- Alignment with the Jumia Values
- A lifestyle of excellence, passion and integrity
- Ability to unlearn and learn new skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take.