Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Mains responsibilities :
Admin and compliance :
- Ensures admin processes are running smoothly;
- Ensures admin requests are treated according to agreed SLAs;
- Manages payroll from A to Z;
- Manages HRIS: ensures the system is always updated;
- Manages day to day operations (paperwork, work permits, health insurance etc.);
- Communicates policies, processes and guides and makes sure they are respected;
- Updates dashboards and tracks KPIs.
- Identifies needs, builds training plan and delivers appropriate trainings;
- Builds adapted hiring processes and tools for mass and single recruitments;
- Delivers people processes to ensure employee capabilities meet current and future standards;
- Provides technical expertise and policy guidance in talent management (strategic staffing, performance management & career development, learning & development) and effective staff-management relationship;
- Promotes and coordinates initiatives that support organizational change;
- Promotes the organizational goals for gender equity and geographic diversity;
- Drives the achievement of HR results by leveraging resources, developing performance standards and results in planning and monitoring;
- drives and organises logistics for well-being and happiness at work related events.
- Implements satisfaction/motivation barometers, measures and acts accordingly;
- Organizes appropriate events to strengthen sense of belonging;
- Ensures safety and security at work.
Coaching and advice:
- Improves the performance of others by empowering a strong leadership and coaching culture;
- Conducts onboarding and exit interviews and shares feedback with partners to identify trends and risks;
- Provides guidance and direction to employees with emphasis on maintaining a high performing work environment;
- Continuous improvement:
- Ensures HR practices are aligned with business needs and makes recommendations to HR leadership when changes are appropriate;
- Provides input to the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and ensures they are aligned with business needs.
Desired Background Skills & Experience :
- Minimum +4 years experience in HR
- Master’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office, e.g. solid and sound Excel knowledge
Expected Personal Skills :
- At ease with figures and data oriented
- Outstanding communication, coaching, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment;
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance & confidentiality;
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement ;
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills;
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits;
- Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results – while retaining all information.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Closing Date : 17 August, 2020