Job Vacancy For Volunteer Regional Monitoring Team member
The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding, Ghana (WANEP-Ghana) is a non-profit making peacebuilding Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is a civil society institution meant to prevent, resolve, and transform violent conflicts through collective and coordinated efforts of NGOs, local and national state institutions as well as individuals actively engaged in peacebuilding practice in Ghana in order to avoid the duplication of efforts and maximize resources for more effective responses to conflict situations. The organization seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of non-violence, justice, peace and social reconciliation in Ghanaian communities.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to volunteer as a member of our Regional Monitoring Team to support in the implementation of our projects in the country.
• Volunteer Title: Regional Monitoring Team member
• Job Location: 16 regions of the Country
JOB DESCRIPTION AND EXPECTATIONS
• Working under the supervision of the National Early Warning System’s Officer, the volunteer is expected to perform the following functions.
• Assist in highlighting Human Security issues daily in the print media, online news platforms, radio and television, for input into weekly highlights
• Collect information or data on issues of peace and human security
• Record data and report on incidents that have the potential to destabilize peace and possibly trigger conflicts into a standard formatted incident report form
• Monitor and report proximate causes and drivers (based on indicators) of conflict in their respective regions that can lead to conflict or disaster, to the network
• Report online into an electronic early warning database and where necessary, verbally via phone call.
• Mobilise partners and stakeholders for WANEP-Ghana activities in their respective regions.
• Provide communication and mobilization support to technical teams on conflict response
• Participate in WANEP-Ghana’s programme activities
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities related to conflict early warning and response assigned to him/her by the designated supervisors.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first degree in Peacebuilding, Peace Studies, Conflict Transformation, Development Studies or related field.
• Must be a permanent resident of the region where he/she will work
• Minimum of one year working experience in peacebuilding/development.
• An additional basic certificate in computerized data analysis, statistics or mathematics, or graphic presentation is an advantage.
• Good experience in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Be competent in statistical data analysis, and analytical in data discussion and report writing.
• Must be conversant in the use of internet-based or online software.
• Must be good team player, open to criticism and be results oriented.
• Must be peace, gender and culturally sensitive both in interaction and communication.
• Be able to build partnership and program networks.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit CV and application by email to:
Note: Women are especially encouraged to apply and, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 19 June, 2020