Job Vacancy For Videographer / Cameraman – Current Jobs in Ghana
Terms of Reference
Videographer to undertake video documentary of a Project
Section 35 (6) of 1992 Constitution posits Ghana’s democracy as hinging on the popular participation of citizens “… in decision-making at every level in national life and in government”. Article 240 (2) of the Constitution also mandates local government authorities to provide avenues for citizen participation (or engagement) as a means of fostering accountability. The detail expression of these constitutional provisions is captured in the Local Government Act 2016 (Act 936). In spite of this legislation, the local governance system is faced with issues of limited participation, both in terms of sheer numbers and the depth of engagement.
As a response to the issue of limited citizen participation in local government, the Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition (GACC)in collaborationwith the UNICEF is currently implementing a project titled ‘Building the Capacity of Women and Youth as Pivots for Citizen Budget Advocacy and Execution in Local Government’. The overall goal of the Project is to build the capacity of citizen groups, particularly women and youth, to undertake budget advocacy and actively participate in local government. The project implementation period is December 2019 to October, 2020.
The intervention seeks to build the capacity of citizen groups, known as Local Accountability Networks (LANets) led by women and youth and adolescent groups in 5 selected districts on budget presentation, budget advocacy, budget analysis, and budget tracking. The intervention is aimed at increasing local governance participation.
The5 selected districts for this intervention are Ada West, Ga South, Gushiegu, Asante Akim North and Nsawam-Adoagyiri within the Greater Accra, Northern, Ashanti and Eastern regions.
As part of the project implementation, GACC is seeking to engage the services of a Videographer to film activities to be implemented under the above Projectand compile the activity videos for a documentary. The overall objective of this consultancy is to produce a video with high resolution that can be used in various communication platforms. The assignment will involve travelling to remotethe aforementioned locations.
The Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Hold an inception engagement with project implementers
- Finalize the video concept and scenariosin collaboration with project implementers
- Present a work plan for the assignment
- Film activity implementation and related project activities
- Film short interviews with the Projects’ major partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders
Deliverables/Timeframe for Submission
- Concept on Videographer’s approach and detailed work plan for the assignment
- Present draft video documentary of the Project to GACC and key stakeholders for input
- Present a master copy of the documentary and at least five (5) high resolution short videos to GACC
Timeframe for Submission
This consultancy will entail up to 7 days of field work, including travelling, and 8 days of editing and reporting, beginning upon the signature of contract with GACC. The consultant is expected to complete and submit the assignment to GACC by 18thOctober, 2020.
Profile of Company and Team
Successful applicant or company should be an Experienced Videographer/Videography Company with the following qualifications:
- A proven track record of having undertaken similar assignment: producing quality documentaries
- Excellent technical capacities (state of the art filming equipment, preferably high definition) to ensure smooth and high quality production
- Outstanding videography skills
- Experience working with civil society organizations
- Proven ability to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines
- Team lead should havea minimum of five years’ experience in videography
Supervision and Reporting Structure or Arrangement
The consultant will work closely with the Project Coordinator and the Communications Officer and shall report to the Head of Programmes throughout the assignment.
The consultant will be offered a lump sum fee inclusive of travel costs (include travel costs, accommodation and food). The payments will be made in instalments upon outputs/deliverables specified in the TOR (under payment schedule) and upon certification of satisfactory work as per work plan and endorsed by GACC. The payment schedule is as follows:
- 30% upon signing the contract and submission of concept andwork plan
- 70% after delivery and approval of high resolution master copy of documentary video and 5 short videos
Submission of Proposals and Evaluation Criteria
Interested and qualified videographers are invited to submit their proposals, comprising:
- An understanding of the consultancy requirements
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Team composition and tasks assignment
- Proven track record in undertaking similar work: online portfolios and links to video work/documentaries of similar work
- CV of Team Lead
The evaluation of the consultant will be based on combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and methodology is given 70% weightage and financial offer with be given 30% weightage. Only consultant meeting a minimum of 50 points under technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation. Following specific criteria would be assessed:
|Company/consultant background and expertise||10|
|Experience in performance of comparable assignment||20|
|Technical approach, methodology, work plan, timeline||40|
|Rationality of cost||30|
Total Weighted Points
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their:
Via email :
By hand delivery at:
Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition,
Behind Pig Farm Total Service Station,
Closing Date: 21 September, 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview, after which an award will be made to the most qualified applicant.