Job Vacancy For Ventilation Engineer – Current Jobs in Ghana
Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSR) with Head Office in London, United Kingdom, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. Golden Star is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, religious belief, ethnicity, disability or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Golden Star is committed to maintaininq safe, inclusive and rewarding work environment where every individual is treated with respect. This includes fair employment practices that are in accordance with our Policy on Human Rights and United Nations Global Compact principles. Golden Star a responsible employer and may conduct screening checks and assessments so as to support informed decision-making on hiring, promotion and development opportunities.
A vacancy exists at the Underground Department for the position of Ventilation Engineer.
• To manage and control underground ventilation systems in conformity with applicable regulations and laws.
• Conduct volumetric surveys, pressure surveys, psychometric readings and gas of all primary and/or secondary fans
• Assist with the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly ventilation reports to the inspectorate.
• Assist with the preparation of mid-year and year-end ventilation plans for the
• Underground for approval and submission to the Inspectorate.
• Conduct audits on ventilation infrastructure and consumables when required.
• Ensure that emission monitoring of all diesel equipment is conducted to meet the regulatory standards.
• Ensure that all headings are developed beyond initial allowable distance, exemptions are applied for and all conditions monitoring on these workings are adhered to.
• Recommend and supervise the construction of mine ventilation controls.
• Undertake troubleshooting and project works.
• Perform other legitimate duties that will be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or related discipline
• A minimum of three years experience in Ventilation Engineering practice.
• Good user of VentSim modelling software and other related softwares
• Good user of Surpac and Datamine Packages
• Good computer skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.
• Certification in Mine Ventilation
• Must be a holder of a valid Ghanaian Driver’s Licence Class B or better
Skills and Abilities
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills with high degree of teamwork
• Good communication (oral & written) skills
• Proven commitment and integrity in the discharge of duties
• Good report writing and analytical skills
• Sense of urgency and collaboration
• Customer focus
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Analytical thinking
• Problem solving
• This position goes with a very competitive salary package and other fringe benefits.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit applications which should include current CV, covering letter, birth certificate, educational certificates and other relevant documents to:
or the addresses below:
HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. M. B TARKWA
Closing Date: 30 October, 2020
Note: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
OUR VALUES: CARING, COLLABORATION, FAIRNESS, HONESTY AND RESPECT