Job Vacancy For Technical Advisor – Current Jobs in Ghana
GIZ Ghana is seeking to recruit a Technical Advisor.
The advisor is responsible for:
• Planning and Managing the component in accordance with objectives and activities agreed with the German government and the KAIPTC
• Providing advisory services and support on training needs assessment, improved course delivey system, promote innovative and digital course facilitation and create new mechanism to widen the target group of courses e.g to reeach out to more female course participants.
• Planning and managing international, regional and local short-term experts.
• Actively support the KAIPTC to implement core recommendations and other follow-up activities in the training needs assessment conducted at the AU and ECOWAS (2019) and review the training portfolio to suite the demand and the standards of the clients
• Advise the KAIPIC in the implementations and review of the scholarship system for Women in training programmes for Peace Support Operations
• Advise the KAIPTC to implement a modern and efficient course delivery system. The use of digital innovations and innovative instructional approaches to facilitate the access to training content and to broaden the scope of potential course participants.
• Support the KAIPTC in the monitoring and backstopping of training measures supported by the financing agreement between the GIZ programme and the KAIPTC
• Actively support the implementation of a grant agreement between KAIPTC and GIZ on the provision of training courses for the ECOWAS stardby Force.
• Develop ready-to-use strategies and concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures in line with the project’s knowledge management strategy
• Monitor and evaluate the progress of the programme and document developments for reports within GIZ and to the German ministry as required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc or PhD in Political or Social Sciences, Development, Peace and Conflict studies, International Relations or other related fields
• 7 years professional experience, with at least 5 years professional experience in advisory measures to public sector clients and/or private sector
• Experience in working on digital innovation and/or education programme preferred
• Advanced education in competence development or organisation development is expected
• Excellent knowledge of the Africa Peace and Security Architecture (APSA) and the Africa Governance Architecture (AFA)
• Work experience with Africa Union or a regional economic community / regional mechanism (e.g. ECOWAS), preferably in the field of peace and security, is a strong asset
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English is required. Good knowledge of French and/or German would be desirable
• Passionate ot work in an international team, closely aligned with the partner system
• Very good working knowledge of MS Office particularly in PowerPoint
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitably applicants are to forward their detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
Under the job 2021/KAIPTC-TNA/01/01
Closing Date: 22 February, 2021