Job Vacancy For Teaching and Learning Director
RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, DFID and other donors and clients.
• RTI International is recruiting for a Teaching and Learning Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Early Education Learning Outcomes Activity in Ghana. The anticipated 5-year activity is a follow-on to the existing USAID Ghana Partnership for Education Activity and seeks to build on the current program’s goals of supporting Ghana’s educational institutions to improve, expand and sustain learning outcomes for primary students nationwide. The Teaching and Learning Director will be responsible for coordinating all training and coaching activities focusing on improving national and regional-level delivery of in-service training and on-going professional development. This position will be based in Accra.
• Develop an approach to effective teacher training and coaching across all levels of the system.
• Plan and coordinate the roll out of teacher training for learning across target regions.
• Supervise and manage staff in delivery of teacher training and coaching.
• Establish and maintain regular policy and technical dialogue with the Ministry of Education and other relevant agencies with respect to teacher training and coaching.
• Supervise the performance of master trainers on a sample basis to determine if teachers are applying the intervention and lessons as planned, and provide structured support to regional and other resource persons for future support of teachers.
• Provide regular support to the Ministry of Education identified teacher training experts with respect to the experience and lessons learned.
• Provide feedback to curriculum developers to further enhancement of curriculum and lesson plans as related to the delivery of the materials.
• Contribute to various assessments related to time on task, teacher effectiveness, and other aspects that play a role in effective teaching.
• Provide support to government agencies and other partners for the transfer of teacher training approaches, skills, and documents.
• Coordinate with RTI home office staff to ensure a regular influx of new ideas, innovations, and lessons learned.
• Integrate IT platforms into teacher training and coaching to be used by various providers.
• Conduct sporadic assessments of student performance to determine the progress, as well as assessment of teacher uptake of the EGL materials.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in education with 6 years or relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience in developing teacher training curricula and coordinating teacher training activities and inputs.
• Significant experience in education development for reading and math in early grades.
• Established working relationships with education government counterparts.
• Experience in meaningful collaboration with government and ministry counterparts, and local capacity development.
• Proven ability as a facilitator/trainer and manager.
• Fluency in English.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please email your CV/resume to:
[email protected] English language CVs required. Please put position title and applicant name in the subject line.
Closing Date: 09 May, 2020
• RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.