Job Vacancy For Supply Chain Specialist-Southern PIIA – Current Jobs in Ghana
• This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
• This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
• Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like “achieve maintenance standards” than “undertake maintenance”. The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
• Support the PIIAM in implementing procurement management systems, including purchasing and tender/bidding procedures, sourcing quotations for goods and services based on approved requisitions originating program teams and departments in line with Donor and Plan International procurement guidelines.
• Support in the procurement process by preparing invitation to bid, short listing or prequalification; preparation of tabulation of technical bids and submission of such bids to the Selection Committee for review.
• Contact suppliers for additional information required by Selection Committee Members.
• Undertake periodic local market surveys in collaboration with the Plan Ghana supply chain unit to guide Selection Committee Members’ deliberations, decisions and or recommendations and also maintain a roster of suppliers/contractors for the purpose of fair and competitive bidding process/systems in line with the Plan Ghana process and approved vendor list.
• Conduct annual vendor assessment and use information from the report to update the master vendor list
• Process the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PIAAM as per the Operational Manual (OM) and the Procurement Guidelines and procedures to ensure value for money is obtained at all times.
• Ensure that all vendor details, requisitions, price comparison, purchase order are entered in SAP
• Coordinate the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
• Produce and maintain an up-to date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement of goods and materials for program activities.
• Follow each stage of the supply operations from the submission of purchase requisition up to delivery in-country in coordination with the Administrative assistant for receipt of goods and verification and matching in comparison with goods receipt notes and delivery notes.
• Responsible for drafting contract agreement in line with laid down processes
• Maintain a schedule of all contract agreement for prompt renewal, if required.
• Maintain a schedule of fleet movement
• Provide oversight supervision of drivers
• Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Communication and Working relationships
• Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipment, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan receives value for money.
• Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for procurement related services.
• Maintains medium contact with staff in the program unit office to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to procurement related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of academic qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement.
• At least 4-6 years progressive work experience in a similar position in an INGO environment.
• A member of Procurement professional body such as CIPs, ISM, MGIPs etc is an added advantage
• Solid knowledge of Procurement systems and practices, policies and procedures
• Good understanding of donor rules and regulations is a plus
• Strong negotiation skills
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
• Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
• Good planning organizational abilities
• Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
• Good supervisory and listening abilities
• Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
• Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Good team player
• Safety and security conscious
• Good presentation and attention to details
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice
• Good communication and ICT skills
• Good inter-personal skills
• Good client/customer relations
• Good writing and reporting skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong team player
• High level of discretion
• Planning & organizing
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 17 September, 2021