Job Vacancy For Superindent Pharmacist – Current Jobs in Ghana
Position: SUPERINDENT Pharmacist
Reporting to: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
• Your primary role will be to dispense medications to patients following statutory procedures.
• Running the day to day activities of the pharmacy and supervise Dispensing technologist and medicine counter assistants.
• Dispensing medications in an accurate and timely manner
• Working with Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants to deliver excellent customer service
• Delivering health promotion programs as required
• Ensuring that all pharmacy operations are conducted in accordance with pharmacy policies and procedures, legal requirements and Quality Care Pharmacy Standards
• Ensures proper storage of all medications including refrigerated items
• Supervises inventory control of pharmacy stock to an acceptable turnover in order to minimize the amount of expired drugs including daily requirements from the wholesale department
• Provides drug information, including adverse drug reactions and contraindications to patients (clients)
• Supervises monthly physical inventory process.
• Schedules adequate staff and coordinates the activities of physical inventory for the pharmacy department monthly.
• Ensures that all clients or customers are given verbal (counseling) on all new prescriptions and clients (patients) are provided counseling or medical information according to professional judgment
• Pharmacist will advise clients (patients) and answer questions about prescription drugs
• Answer questions about possible side effects and interactions among different drugs; provide information and make recommendations about over-the-counter drugs;
• Pharmacists will supervise personnel, as well as have other general managerial duties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Bachelor of Pharmacy holder from a recognized University
• Current registration as a pharmacist with the Ghana Pharmacy Council
• Experience in community pharmacy, possesses administrative and management skills.
• Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Current registration as a pharmacist in Ghana. Licence must be available
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Professional Demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communications
• Courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations
• Knowledge brand and generic names of medication
• Monthly Sales Management Report
• Monthly Inventory Report
• Weekly Procurement List
• Report on any controlled substance dispensed monthly
Location: Spintex Road, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Address to forward Applications Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to:
Closing Date: 02 January, 2021