Job Vacancy For Strategic Information Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Strategic Information Officer
• The Strategic Information (SI) Officer will be responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the Ghana program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
• S/he will lead all efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of activity.
• S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers, counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring, evaluation, and support coordination with national Management Information Systems (MIS).
Key Performance Areas:
• Serve as the focal person for all M&E-related functions for the Ghana Programme
• Manage project-specific M&E framework and plan including data collection and systems requirements
• Hold overall responsibility for oversight and achievement of M&E requirements/expertise for Ghana Programme
• Provide M&E mentoring, support and leadership to Mentor Mothers to ensure adequate capacity exists to support project activities
• Provide support to Mentor Mothers in Data Collection, Consolidation, Reporting and Feedback
• Conduct routine data quality assurance exercises and ensure data integrity
• Enter routine data into m2m databases and systems by monthly due date
• Support m2m’s internal quality improvement inititive, Project BIO, as it relates to all aspects of the Ghana programme
• Manage project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management
• Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
• Coordinate any project-related operations research & publications portfolio in collaboration with technical specialist
• Lead project M&E related internal and external reporting
• Provide relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required.
• Minimum of 4years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance- based programs (Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting requirements a plus)
• Demonstrated ability in data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools.
• Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including data visualizations
• Demonstrated ability prepare robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Ghana’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources
• Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
• Excellent knowledge of M&E systems development, best practices, innovations and developments in HIV.
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
• Dynamic, innovative, results and action oriented leader.
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with experience managing human resources
• Strategic thinker with strong business and analytical skills.
• High ability to work independently with sound decision making.
• Possession of own car and valid driver’s license beneficial.
Salary: Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 15 November, 2019
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.