Job Vacancy For Social and Behavior Change Communications (SBCC) Specialist – Current Jobs in Ghana
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specialises in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings.
Headquartered in Amman and implementing programs across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, we use the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to
design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure
we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
We are looking for someone with strong SBCC and management experience for the anticipated USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II Systems Strengthening Activity in Ghana. The project aims to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana through a service delivery systems strengthening approach.
The RING II Activity will result in sustained improvements in service delivery by local governments to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of reproductive-aged women and children under five years old in Northern Ghana. This position will be based in Northern Ghana, and work with a project team there, backstopped by technical and management experts in the home office. The SBCC Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the SBCC component of the project, working with MAGENTA’s technical experts in research, behavioural change design,
production and M&E
Typical tasks will include:
• Contributing to SBCC programme design, including theory of change, activity design, M&E framework, and resources plans
• Apply SBCC models to the design of interventions
• Development of strategies for the effective implementation of activities
• Regular stakeholder mapping and identification, including CSOs, local NGOs, media and government actors
• Management and oversight of all SBCC activities under the RING II activity
• Establish and maintain a productive relationships with key stakeholders, including, local government officials, local partners and community groups.
• Local representation of MAGENTA with donor and other stakeholders
Qualification Required & Experience
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
• At least 8 years of working experience including at least 5 years of experience designing and implementing social and behavior change communications programmes.
• Degree in relevant subject
• Existing strong relationships with and understanding of the Ghana media landscape, government officials and CSOs
• Knowledge and experience in research
• Excellent communications skills including developing presentations and oral presentation skills.
• Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills
• Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
• Excellent written and spoken English fluency
• Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
• May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation titling the email “Ghana Social and Behavioural Change Communications Specialist – Your Name” to
The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance MAGENTA’s work.
Closing Date: 17 June, 2021
APPLICATIONS WITH NO LETTER OF MOTIVATION PROVIDED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.