Job Vacancy For (Short-Term) Development Policy Analyst – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Fisheries Commission, an Agency under the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture development(MoFAD), hereby invites applications from qualified Ghanaians for the following position: (Short-Term) Development Policy Analyst
Job Type / Duration – Short-term / 18 months
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the Review and Formulation of a new Fisheries Sector Development Policy Framework
• Conduct Quantitative Fisheries Sector Growth Analysis and advise the Executive Director on Policy Options to be implemented to accelerate the development of the Sector
• Assist in the development of a New Fisheries and Aquaculture Growth Model for the Transformation of the Fisheries Sector
• Conduct periodic Research on Topical Fisheries and Aquaculture related issues that underpin the growth potentials of the sector
• Train officers on Quantitative Policy Design, Analysis, Development Planning and Development Resource Allocation
• Conduct research on the current untapped growth potentials of the Fisheries and Aquaculture sector, and advise the Executive Director on feasible growth inducing options to be taken
• Assist the Commission to develop sector specific performance measurement (M&E) tools
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Master’s Degree (from a recognized University) in (i) Economics (with sound background in Economic Policy Analysis, Development Modelling, Econometrics & Statistics), or, (ii) Development Policy & Planning (with focus on Quantitative Policy Analysis, and Development Performance Measurement)
• Knowledge in Econometric & Quantitative Policy Analysis softwares is an advantage
• At least a minimum of 10 years working experience in Development Policy and Planning related fields in the Public Sector
• Must have completed National Service
How To Apply For The Job
1. All Applicants must provide evidence of completion of National Service.
2. Applicants should indicate the positions applied for and Two (2) regions of their choice.
3. Applications should be submitted to the following addresses, either a), b) or c).
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
P. O. BOX GP 630
email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 25 May, 2021