Job Vacancy For Senior Technical Officer – Quality Assurance Quality Improvement – Current Jobs in Ghana
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a non-profit public health management consulting and research organization dedicated timproving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI has submitted an application tUSAID timplement an HIV and AIDS project in the Western Region of Ghana. If awarded, the goal of this project will be tprovide support tthe Government of Ghana (GOG) and taccelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 90-90-90 UNAIDS targets by achieving epidemic control in one high HIV burdened region by scaling up evidence based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) in Western Region (WR), putting and retaining them on treatment, and ensuring they are virally suppressed. The potential project, if awarded, is expected tbe funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID beginning in October 2019.
JSI seeks to recruit the following position: Senior Technical Officer – Quality Assurance Quality Improvement (QA/QI)
• Reports to: Senior Strategic Information Advisor
• Location: Takoradi
• This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana.
• The Senior Technical Officer- Quality Assurance Quality Improvement (STO – QAQI) will provide leadership and technical assistance for HIV quality management by the CSOs in the districts and regional health facilities.
• In addition, the STO – QAQI will support the development of the quality database, maintain the quality database and lead to actions.
• Specifically, s/he will be responsible for gathering, compiling and analyzing quality improvement reports, identifying gaps/strengths, determining the root causes, making appropriate recommendations for corrective actions for quality assurance and improvements and tracking progress and results.
• S/he must ensure the quality of delivery of services whilst putting in place the processes to ensure quality levels are sustained. The STO-QAQI, reports to the Snr. SI Advisor
Responsibilities and duties
• Under the supervision of the Snr. SI Advisor and in collaboration with the Senior Advisor -HTS, build capacity of health care workers, supervisors and administrators in modern Quality Assurance and Improvement (QAQI) methods including Optimizing performance and quality and other relevant approaches.
• Provide technical guidance and assistance in developing and promoting strategies for QA/QI related to HIV treatment and care, and adherence and retention support for key populations;
• Provide support for community service-delivery QA/QI initiatives with CSO partners;
• Develop tools and other learning resources on QA/QI for both CSO partner and care continuum
• Work hand-in-hand with the project’s Senior Advisor – HTS to ensure the uptake of QA/QI plan
• Deliver technical assistance related to policy, advocacy, leadership, governance and service delivery;
• Provide strategic information to the monitoring and evaluation team, as needed;
• Collaborate with the project team, specifically the Continuum of Care Team, to achieve key project objectives;
• Ensure QI methods are applied across all operating systems at facilities as well as clinical services
• Provide technical guidance to partners and implementers in QI initiatives for HIV Testing Services, eMTCT, ART services and document the process
• Support the development of project technical reports as needed.
• Any other duty as assigned by the Snr. Strategic Information Advisor and the Chief of Party.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s in Public Health, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Population Studies or a related field, clinical degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of increasingly responsible professional experience.
• Extensive experience in quality assessment and improvement.
• Demonstrated experience providing capacity building support to CSOs and NGOs
• Experience working with and supporting a wide range of HIV and AIDS projects and programs, such as combination prevention, PMTCT, HTS, and ART.
• Experience in using Microsoft office package including word, excel and power point.
• Excellent written and communication skills as well as strong public presentation skills, including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
• Experience working with USAID/PEPFAR highly desirable
• Ability to use internet/online applications and GIS products will be an added advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the appropriate positions marked and also captured in the email subject ’ to:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2019
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
Disclaimer: Roles and responsibilities are subject to change based on final confirmation of that particular position.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.