Job Vacancy For Senior Manager, Business Development – Current Jobs in Ghana
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Development who will lead the programme funding efforts of WaterAid Ghana (WAG) including planning, managing and ensuring the delivery of an agreed funding target
• He/She will be responsible for researching, identifying. developing, packaging and cultivating products and concepts for potential donors, including institutional and corporate donors as well as trusts, foundations, and philanthropies.
• He/She will advise WAGs SNIT in managing the effective implementation of the Country Programme’s Funding Strategy to support WaterAid’s work in delivering sustainable Water. Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services in Ghana in partnership with other development actors.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Lead and develop a business development strategy and an action plan based on the existing donor scoping and funding plan
• Implement a programme funding strategy, based on sustainable income growth for WaterAid Ghana to deliver its WASH objectives
• Support the development of high-quality bids for submission to donors;
• Lead on continuous donor scoping and relationship building, gathering and shanng intelligence
• Management of bid development processes for technical/narrative proposal and budgets.working closely with Programme and Finance Teams; and
• Maintain an overview of all grants, follow-up implementation reporting timelines and ensuring compliance with grant agreements and contractual obligations.
Qualification Required & Experience
To be successful you’ll need:
• Master’s degree in International Development. Institutional Development, Business Management / Administration, or related fields.
• Strong experience in programme funding from institutional donors such as the EU, DFID, USAID, DANIDA etc.. raising and managing funds from UN Agencies such as UNDP and UNICEF and development partners managing relationships with the Government of Ghana and Civil Society Organisations in Ghana. Good knowledge of international development, West Africa and Africa in general. with at least five years of experience at senior management level in Ghana.
• Excellent communication, presentation, representation, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to initiate and co-ordinate fundraising efforts and work effectively with a wide variety of partners and disciplines.
• Diplomatic and multi-cultural skills.
• Proven skills in leadership and team management, negotiation, liaison and relationship and conflict management.
• Strong skills in proposal and report writing from experience of working with international donors.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills. Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritise among competing demands.
• Creative writing skills – introducing innovations.
How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV (in English) and motivation letter of 350 words or less to:
Closing Date: 18 August, 2020
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race.
disability, age. sexual orientation,gender reassignment religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organization.