Job Vacancy For Senior Assistant – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Fisheries Commission, an Agency under the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture development(MoFAD), hereby invites applications from qualified Ghanaians for the following position: Senior Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will provide operational support in the production and management of Fish and the Industry for the achievement of the
objectives of the Commission
• Collects data for evidence-based decision making and planning
• Collects specimen on the field on Fish Health and Post-Harvest
• Collects data and scientific samples on fisheries
• Undertakes data entry activities on Fisheries
• Undertakes Fisheries Extension Services of the Commission, particularly, pond construction, fish hatchery management, aquaculture production and demonstration, modern farming methods etc.
• Inspects fisheries facilities and produces appropriate reports
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Higher National Diploma/Diploma from an accredited tertiary institution in a relevant field, i e Fisheries Science, Statistics, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Animal Health and Production, Natural Resources or any other related field
• Must have completed National Service
• Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Fish Health, Post-Harvest and Extension Services
• Proficiency in relevant IT applications
• High integrity and confidentiality
Location: Upper West, Upper East, Northern, North East, Savannah, Bono, Bono East, Ahafo, Oti, Volta, Western North, Western, Central, Eastern
How To Apply For The Job
1. All Applicants must provide evidence of completion of National Service.
2. Applicants should indicate the positions applied for and Two (2) regions of their choice.
3. Applications should be submitted to the following addresses, either a), b) or c).
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
P. O. BOX GP 630
email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 25 May, 2021