Job Vacancy For Senior Accountant – Current Jobs in Ghana
Koforidua Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into non-teaching staff position: Senior Accountant
• A person seeking an appointment as Senior Accountant shall be required to show high qualities of sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in the area of specialization.
Among the Key responsibilities of a Senior Accountant are to:
• Assist the Director of Finance in the overall management and administration of the Office and functions as provided for in the Technical University Act, 2016 (Act 922) and Statutes.
• Be responsible for the control and maintenance of all financial transactions and accounting records in compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and applicable government regulations.
• Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures.
• Supervise the preparation of the University Financial Accounts
• Review Monthly Financial Statements prepared by the Faculties.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a research Masters degree in Finance/ Accounting, or Accounting & Finance
• Have served as an Accountant in a University OR comparable grade in a similar institution /organization OR public practice with at least six (6) years post qualification experience.
• Be required to support his/her application with papers and publication/write-up on work done i.e. position papers/value-added papers, reports, memoranda on administrative matters and issues for two (2) External Assessors’ evaluation.
• Be computer literate and conversant with accounting software applications.
In addition, the applicant must:
• Be analytical, critical thinker, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently;
• Possess excellent communication, good interpersonal and supervisory;
• Be a good team player;
• Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
• Possess proactive commercial flair.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should please submit a completed Application Form (obtainable from the KTU’s Website, www.ktu.edu.gh or the Human Resource Department of the University) with comprehensive CVs, together with copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts of academic records to:
Koforidua Technical University,
P.O. Box KF 981,
Those applying from outside Ghana may submit one copy of their completed Application Form with the accompanying documents via email to :
Applicants should inform their referees to submit directly to the Registrar, confidential references on them.
The position being sought for by the applicant must be indicated in the Confidential Reference Letter being submitted as indicated above.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Closing Date: 30 October, 2020