Job Vacancy For Registrar – Current Jobs in Ghana
Transnational Academic Group (TAG) provides students across emerging markets access to top-ranked post-secondary and executive education. Over the last decade, TAG has successfully delivered programs in academic partnership with some of the world’s best institutions and has had over 2,000 graduates across Africa and the Middle East. Transnational Academic Group currently owns and operates Lancaster University’s campus in Ghana, Curtin University’s Dubai campus, and South Africa-based ABN Training Institute in partnership with the Australian Institute of Management in Western Australia.
With emphasis on guiding the student experience at every stage – from enrolment to graduation – TAG is known for its commitment to offer a well-rounded, industry-relevant education. First, by incorporating leading technologies from its partners in the way that the curriculum is delivered; second, by creating an environment that prepares students to work by leveraging its local industry network; and finally, by encouraging student mobility throughout the University network as well as within the Group. Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff. Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
TAG Ghana Limited signed a partnership agreement with Lancaster University, UK to establish a branch campus in Accra, Ghana known as Lancaster University Ghana. This branch campus holds formal accreditation from the National Accreditation Board (NAB). Lancaster University Ghana was officially inaugurated on 28th October 2013 and is currently located at the A & C Square, East Legon, Accra.
Education verticals are developed in such a way that they meet the needs of the students, offering the widest possible range of Lancaster University degrees supported by the TAG Foundation pathway Programme. The Undergraduate programme offer courses in Accounting & Finance, Economics, Law, Marketing, Business Studies, International Relations & Politics, and Computer Science. The Postgraduate programme offered is the Lancaster Executive MBA.
Transnational Academic Group Ghana Lancaster University Ghana are seeking to appoint a Registrar to be a member of Lancaster University Ghana’s senior management team, You will lead your team to support growth and service development in line with our strategic objectives, ensure we comply with the requirements of a range of statutory and regulatory bodies and take on formal regulatory responsibilities for students governed by our own regulations and those of our partner(s).
• The role is responsible for managing and leading Registry and Student Academic Services staff and overseeing the development of seamless service provision and excellent customer service.
• Oversee the maintenance of accurate academic records of students and to provide advice and support to students and departments relating to the work of the Registry;
• The Registrar is expected to handle multiple responsibilities, solve problems and ensure that academic systems, processes and procedures meet expectations of academic standards and quality and assurance.
You will be responsible for:
Students and Academic Administration (Foundation/Undergraduate/Postgraduate)
• Supervise students registration and enrolments process;
• Registration and Enrolments
• Programme/Module Changes
• Responsible for moderation management;
• Coordinate Module Handbooks repository management;
Enforcement of Academic Regulations and Policies
• Responsible for formulation and implementation of academic regulations and policies;
• Ensures the university meets its regulatory compliance with relevant accrediting bodies – National Accreditation Board (NAB), British Accreditation Council (BAC), Lancaster University, UK (QAA) etc. This is done in collaboration with and support from the Academic Standard Quality Assurance (AS&QA) Department;
Student Interface for Academic Success and Provision of Systems Support
• Monitor to ensure students counselling services are rendered effectively;
• Provide support for plans in improving student retention and progression strategies;
• Supervise creation and maintenance of student files and databases, including the appropriate archival of records for graduating students;
• Supervise internal audit of academic records;
Student Requests & Complaints
• Supervise support services for student;
Scheduling and General Administration
• Draw up Annual Academic Calendar in collaboration with Programme Coordinators, Heads of departments and other stakeholders;
• Implement teaching schedules;
• Ensures proper administration of examinations and issuance of result slips;
• Set performance targets for team members and monitor their performance;
• Supervise team members activities;
• Motivate and guide team members to deliver on set target/objectives;
• Identify learning and development needs of team members;
• Prepare and manage department’s annual budget;
• Administer discipline, when necessary;
Qualification Required & Experience
The following qualifications and competencies are essential
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or in a related discipline;
• Professional Certification in any of the above disciplines will be an advantage;
• Problem-solving skills and Conflict resolution skills
• Excellent presentation, written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to plan and organise own work, and work to deadlines.
• Strong IT skills with proficiency in MS Office suites, Moodle, SharePoint;
• Proficient in internet use;
You should have:
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of academic standards and quality assurance processes and procedures at higher educational institutions;
• Comprehensive knowledge of the registrarial process from recruitment to graduation;
• Good understanding of risk management and mitigation strategies;
• Team player with experience working in a dynamic multi-cultural organization;
• Minimum of Five (5) years’ working experience in similar/related roles;
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support to:
[email protected] and mention Registrar in the subject line.
• Applicants are to submit curriculum vitae and a statement demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
• Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date: 20 May, 2020