Job Vacancy For Regional Engineering Manager
AEL Mining Services is a leading developer, producer and supplier of commercial explosives, initiating systems and blasting services for mining, quarrying and construction markets in Africa and beyond. AEL Mining Services is a Division of AECI Ghana Limited, and a subsidiary of AECI Limited, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Designation: Regional Engineering Manager
Department: ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE
Purpose of Job
• To manage and oversee the On Time In Full( OTIF) delivery of equipment, oversee explosives manufacturing plants , Mobile Manufacturing Units (MMUs), Rapid Loading Tankers, Emulsion Bulk Tankers and magazines to various divisional segments and countries within the business for efficient operations.
• oversee and manage the logistics of product delivery of vehicles and trucks
• oversee the monitoring of maintenance schedules and planning of equipment in the business
• ensure Quality control (including calibration) is up to date for all MMUs
• manage and maintain MMU, LDV, Tanker, Silo and Transporter fleet
• manage the coordinated, efficient and effective provision of support and services for day to day operations at customer sites in the business
• oversee build as well as rebuild program on MMUs
• prepare maintenance budgets and control cost within same budget and rolling forecast to ensure we do not exceed the agreed expenditure and keep operating cost to the minimum.
• ensure critical spare store management and cycle count.
• observe and ensure compliance with governance and established policies, systems, procedure and practices
• produce report on all areas as required to guide management for efficient operations.
• perform any other duties as the exigencies of the job require to ensure efficient and continuous business operation.
• oversee the manufacturing process (including legal aspects) of various explosives manufacturing plants and assembly lines
• Continuous professional development
• People management and development
• OTIF Delivery
• Cost management
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a recognised University degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 7-10 years engineering experience with at least 5 years at senior management level
• Holder of MinCom Certificate of Competency – Engineering Superintendent or Engineering Manager
• Certified member of the Ghana Institute of Engineers will be an advantage
• Knowledge of Explosives manufacturing plants would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of company procedures – performance management, disciplinary and grievance handling, emergency procedures both plant and transport
• Knowledge of vehicle loading standards and explosives handling procedures
• Sound knowledge and understanding of customers and their operations
• Good customer relationship at all levels of management
• MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of the mining industry will be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills(written and oral)
• Team player
• Analytical thinker
• Ability to think strategically and conceptually
• Interpersonal skills
How To Apply For The Job
Forward Applications to: Email:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 12 June, 2020
AEL is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential