Job Vacancy For Public Relations, Communications & IT Officer
Rwandan High Commission is seeking to recruit Public Relations, Communications & IT Officer.
• The primary function of the position is to develop and implement the Embassy’s overall communication strategy, public relations and IT while ensuring the positive visibility of Rwanda through various media outlets. Additionally, the person in this position will also assist the department in charge of education in administrative duties.
The key duties of responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Develop an effective Embassy communication strategy
• Monitor current affairs prepare relevant briefs for the high commission
• Review daily news coverage in national newspapers and any relevant magazines, Diplomats of the High Commission and hightlights key relevant events
• Communication of the high commission’s main activities through the media and other relevant channels of communication
• Answer questions about Rwanda from specific stakeholders and the general public
• Draft press releases and other materials for mass media or Embassy website
• Monitor multiple Ghanaian and Rwandan media sources and regularly collect press materials for senior staff in addition to writing editorial responses when necessary
• Create original content to be used for newsletters, websites and social media
• Maintain the Embassy’s press lists and arrange interviews and press coverage for the Ambassador
• Develop and continuously implement communication strategies with particular focus on digital communication strategy, post on websites, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms relevant information
• Analyse any discrepant information and initiate appropriate action to exercise the right to reply to the concerned press or other media channel
• Develop partnerships with individuals, groups and organisations whose support in essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives
• Serve as a conduit between office of the Spokesperson and communication team in Rwanda
• Ensure all major Embassy’s events are well reported
• Assist the High Commission in its reach out to the Rwandan Diaspora in Ghana.
• Follow up on timely dissemination of all relevant information/communication with the Rwandan Diaspora in Ghana.
• Maintain accurate student database with contact information
• Facilitation and provide information packages to Rwandan students seeking education prospects in the Ghana
• Maintain regular contact with Rwandan students to gauge their academic progress and adress miscellaneous issues
• Accomplish any other assignments given by the High Commission leadership
• Readiness to work long hours when needed
• Any other duties required
Qualification Required & Experience
• University Degree in Communications/Public Relations, International Relations or another relevant field
• 5 years of communication, PR and IT experience and events coordination
• Background in IT including experience with web-design preferred and email campaign management
• Some familiarity with graphic design (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) an advantage but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Familiarity with working with the press, including reporters, producers adn editors
• Language proficiency, fluent in English orally and excellent writing ability, knowledge of French will be an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
If you are meet the above criteria and are ready for a new challenge in a unique and exciting organization, please apply by following the instructions below:
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to:
• Please enter the job role in the subject of your email
• All candidates must be on 21 years old or above
• Please note that a background check will be carried out.
Closing Date: 15 May, 2020