Job Vacancy For Public Health Administrative Management Specialist – Finance / — Current Jobs in Ghana
The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Health Administrative Management Specialist- Finance in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) office of the Embassy.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• Job holder is the Senior Finance Specialist responsible for overseeing day-to-day post financial management of agency programs and projects and works closely with the Deputy Director -at-Large (DDAL) on all items related to budget and financial management and with the Country Director on budget related aspects of the budget development and execution.
• Job holder serves as the overseer while other staff implement activities to ensure proper checks and balances are in place for management of US funds.
• This includes being an active participant in partner discussions, planning, management and working directly with relevant headquarters offices (Procurement and Grants Office, Program Budget and Extramural Management Branch and Financial Management Office) as necessary as well as providing direct technical assistance and support to cooperative agreement partners.
• Job holder interprets US Government financial and account management procedures, reviews technical program documents for budgetary and cash flow implications and ensures efficient use of financial resources.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
• EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or business administration is required.
• EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, budget and budget projections and analysis, developing budget projections, establishing financial tracking systems, or auditing is required. At least 3 years’ experience in budget and/or related financial management work for a Government agency is required.
• LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency – speaking/reading/writing) in English is required.
(Language proficiency will be tested).
• JOB KNOWLEDGE: Detailed knowledge and understanding of principles and accepted general accounting procedures and in-depth knowledge of government systems in relation to finance, accounting and reporting is required. Knowledge of public health system accounting and resource management, as well as familiarity with HIV/AIDS or other public health programs financial management is required.
• SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A general knowledge of routine health information systems in developing countries, including knowledge of HIV and other public health administrative systems is required. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced levels of analytical and computational ability to analyze, compile and present copious amounts of auditable financial information in a concise manner is required. Ability to work at a high skill level in various financial management systems and software is required.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Salary: GH¢75,444.00 p.a. (Starting salary)
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, certificates, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office U.S. Embassy Mailing Address:
Human Resources Office
Through the Mailroom Chancery
American Embassy, Accra
P. O. Box 194, Accra
FAX Number: 0302-741389
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 January, 2018
NOTE: ALL U.S. AND NON-GHANAIAN CITIZENS, WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF USG EMPLOYEES OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST AND UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY, MUST ATTACH COPIES OF THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED TO THE JOB LOCATION: ACCRA, GHANA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO ACCRA IS REQUIRED, IT WILL BE THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY.
IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.