Candidates will be assessed on their work experience in the following areas:
Deep knowledge and understanding of key concepts related to local government finance, including decentralization, and local economic development;
• Experience in policy, regulatory and technical advice and project management related to the fields of local government finance, performance-based climate resilience grants and local economic development or equivalent;
• Proven experience in project management;
• Relevant technical experience with policy and regulatory bodies and central and local governments in developing countries;
• Work experience with environmental sustainability and climate change in developing countries and Ghana;
• Experience with addressing gender equality as project objective and/or cross-cutting issue;
• Experience working with local communities, youth and women.
• Experience forming, leading or being part of teams, working with other stakeholders to achieve common goals;
• Strong client orientation, recognizing the importance of providing appropriate, user-friendly and affordable services;
• Proactively identifies, develops and discusses solutions for internal and external clients, and communicates with management to develop new projects or services;
• Comfortable advocating and advancing an agenda, including with high level counterparts and other stakeholders;
• Experience managing project teams and/or consultants, including recruiting, hiring and managing and evaluating international and national expertise; Takes on new approaches and fosters innovative thinking;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities, and resolve problems;
• Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and responds positively to feedback.
• Proven ability to manage projects and managing for results;
• Excellent speaking and proficient writing skills in English are necessary;
• Excellent analytical and communication skills;
• Strong general IT skills, including ability to work regularly with MS Office Suite;
• Proven cross-cultural communication, able to function effectively in an international, multicultural environment;
• Demonstrated broad knowledge of development issues, especially in the areas of poverty alleviation and local development.
• Builds and promotes teams and partnerships;
• Displays cultural and gender sensitivity and adaptability;
• Creates and promotes open communication;
• Demonstrates ethics and integrity;
• Demonstrates political acumen and calculated risk-taking;
• Builds confidence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
• Conducts fair and transparent decision making;
• Treats all persons fairly without favoritism;
• Shows strong corporate commitment.
Qualification Required & Experience
Min. Academic Education
• A Postgraduate degree in Economics, Public Policy, Finance, International Development, or other related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with ten additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
• At least 10 years of national professional experience in the fields of public financial management, development economics and/or job creation with a specific emphasis on local governance, development planning, local government internally generated fund strategy formulation, finance, and/or mainstreaming
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 21 July, 2021