Job Vacancy For Pro-Vice Chancellor – Current Jobs in Ghana
The Governing council of Cape Coast Technical University Announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position: Pro-Vice Chancellor
• The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall be of Professorial status.
• The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall report to the Vice Chancellor
• The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall be a non-voting member of the University’s Governing Council.
• The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall possess a minimum academic qualification of PhD or its equivalent in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Applied Arts
Terms of appointment
• The Pro-Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a period of three (3) years and may be eligible for re- appointment for another term of three (3) years only if he/she is of a Professorial status
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University, consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Cape Coast Technical University
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be of Professorial rank in the University
• Be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar, with a minimum academic qualification of PhD or its equivalent in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Applied Arts.
• Be of good character and demonstrate personal integrity.
• Have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education and industry.
• Have proven capacity to motivate faculty, staff. students and manage the University assets_
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and have the capacity to manage and control crisis.
• Have proven organisational and leadership skills.
• Be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University.
• Have capacity to raise funds and other resources.
• Have a good understanding of the challenges facing the technical university in particular and tertiary education.
• Have at least ten (10) years working experience in a senior management position in a tertiary education or related institution.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below:
Appointments and Promotions Board
C/O Office of the Registrar
Cape Coast Technical University
P. O. Box DL50
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 12 July, 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED