Job Vacancy For Principal Officer, IT – Current Jobs in Ghana
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons, who are dynamic, goal-oriented and results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the under-mentioned positions.
Job Title: Principal Officer, IT
Additional Duties and Responsibilities applicable to Principal Officer, IT
• Coordinate the design and development of procedures, standards and guidelines to support the implementation of ICT systems within the organization
• Approve and recommend technical specifications for the requisitioning, procurement and the deployment of equipment, software resources and other ICT systems for NDPC.
• Coordinate the design and implementation of security measures to protect the ICT installation, infrastructure, and systems of NDPC
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, IT or relevant field as applicable from a recognized Tertiary Institution
• Must have a minimum of nine (9) years post qualification working experience of which at least three (3) have been in senior management.
• Membership of a recognised and relevant professional body.
• Knowledge of human resources, management, procurement, supply chain management, information technology and systems as applicable.
• Knowledge of budget and financial management principles and practices, specifically of the Public Financial Management Act 2016, the National Labour Act, Internal Audit Agency Act and the Public Procurement Act.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and an understanding of systems management.
• Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares.
Competencies in (Principal Officers):
• The Labour Laws, Financial Administration, Internal Audit Agency and the Public Procurement Acts
• Leadership, Organisational, Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
• Performance Management skills
• Negotiation, Collective bargaining and lobbying skills
• project and programmes management
• ICT skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bring the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
• Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
• Vision statement for Director positions only on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to:
The Human Resources Department
National Development Planning Commission
No.13 Switchback Road
P.O. Box CT633
Or email to:
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Closing Date: 18 December, 2020