Our Lady of Apostles (OLA) College of Education was established in October 1924 and became the premier female teacher institution in Ghana. It was elevated to the status of a college of Education by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847). The position of Principal for OLA College of Education will become vacant from September 2020. Interested and qualified applicants should apply.
• The Principal serves as Academic and Administrative Head, as well as Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College.
• She is responsible for organizing and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the college in accordance with the statutes and the decision of the council.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must have:
• An advanced research degree, applicant with PhD is an added advantage
• She must be an individual of stature and integrity with exemplary leadership skills
• The Applicant must also have the capacity for marshaling the resource needed to carry out the college’s mission and vision
Candidates must also evidence of the following:
• Demonstrate capacity to manage a college of Education
• Ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the college
• Ability to project effectively the images of the college internally and externally
• Proven capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation for the college
• Relevant post qualification senior management experience of a least 5 years
• Must not be more than 55 years at the time of application and
• Extensive knowledge and experience at the tertiary education level will be an added advantage
Tenure of Office
The appointment which is full time, shall for four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of up to 3 years after evaluation of performance. Candidates must be able to hold office for four (4) years from the date of appointment.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidates should submit seven (7) copies of their application package, including curriculum vitae, vision statement, certificate and any other relevant documents
• Candidates should submit, in not more than three thousand (3,000) words an A4 paper(s), using Time New Roman front-size 12, in 1.5 line spacing and with2.54cm margin all round, statement of their vision for the college and the strategies for achieving the vision
• Applications should be addressed and submitted by registered courier to:
c/o OLA College of Education
• Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address
Closing Date: 31 August, 2020