Job Vacancy For Power System Engineer/Analyst – Current Jobs in Ghana
The USAID-funded Power Africa West Africa Energy Program (WAEP or the Program), works to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following three outcomes:
• Increase the supply of power in West Africa
• Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid
• Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities.
• The Power System Engineer/Analyst will provide support to Ghana’s Outcome 1 team on power planning activities to update the IPSMP and to support energy efficiency and related activities and shall perform the following general functions:
Effectively inspire, lead, manage, and ensure the day-to-day personal performance in compliance with the Project Work Plan and the Project administrative and policy manual;
• Support the development and implementation of the Project’s technical efforts on Outcome 1, CLIN 2 (Ghana) Programs.
• Effectively liaise with the CLIN 2 technical teams, cross-cutting team and divisions of USAID on all aspects of the Project Work Plan implementation;
• Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture;
• Maintain high ethical standards at all times, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
• Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directives, whether written or verbal; and
• Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
Specific Tasks Applicable to the Position
• As directed by the Chief of Party or his/her designee, the Employee shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
• Provide support to the “Planning Committee” (PPTC) to update the IPSMP
• Provide support in the implementation of the competitive procurement in the power sector
• Provide support to OC1 Lead to work with EC in the update of the IPM Model
• Provide direction on data collection efforts for evidence-based analysis for CSOs, PURC and EC
• Support both annual and long-term demand forecast for the PPTC.
• Collate updated power system data e.g. Generation data, Transmission line upgrade data, etc.
• Support further work on AMI Analysis as inputs into any tariff study
• Support the adoption on non-wire alternatives (NWA) to address network constraints.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, and any other related field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in energy sector, 8 – 10 years’ experience will be an added advantage.
• Experience working in similar context in Ghana.
• Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
• Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30 September, 2020