Job Vacancy For Power Planning Manager (Ghana Outcome 1 Lead) – Current Jobs in Ghana
The USAID-funded Power Africa West Africa Energy Program (WAEP or the Program), works to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following three outcomes:
• Increase the supply of power in West Africa
• Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid
• Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities.
• The Power Planning Manager (Ghana Outcome 1 Lead) will manage and execute Outcome 1 activities, as defined in the WAEP Task Order, and engage in the following illustrative interventions:
• In coordination with the WAEP Chief of Party (COP) and Senior Ghana Technical Lead (SGTL), define and implement Outcome 1 strategy and activities.
• Manage a team of Transaction Advisors that will provide technical and advisory assistance to developers and government stakeholders to help advance new generation and transmission capacity through the project pipeline.
• In coordination with WAEP Home-Office Management Team and WAEP COP and SGTL, define, manage, monitor and control Outcome 1 work, schedule, budget and resources,
• Ensure quality of Outcome 1 deliverables and outputs, and ensure deliverables approval,
• Ensure coordination of Outcome 1 activities with other Outcomes and support the team as needed,
• Support DCOP in the implementation of cross-cutting activities (Gender, MEL, Communication)
Qualification Required & Experience
• Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, and any other related field, particularly in energy sector
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in energy sector, 12 – 15 years’ experience will be an added advantage.
• Experience working in similar context in Ghana.
• Previous experience with donor agency programs desirable.
• Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 30 September, 2020