Job Vacancy For Pharmacist – Current Jobs in Ghana
Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy.
Job Title: Pharmacist
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• suitably qualifies and experienced person to assist with processing and dispensing of medication for in hospital and retail including billing, stock management and efficient, friendly customer liaison, in accordance with policies and procedures as determined by audit requirements. Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager or Senior Pharmacist
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Evaluating prescriptions for appropriate dosages and treatment protocols
• Dispensing of medication for in-patients and out-patients (retail)
• Preparing and processing (billing) of in-patient and out-patient prescriptions
• Managing stock purchases to maintain stock cover days. Maintain adequate stock levels on designated shelves and placing orders when required
• Liaising with doctors and nursing with any product queries
• Handling of complaints from patients and staff
• Training and supervision Pharmacist Assistants as assigned
• Processing of medical waste for disposal
• Ensure daily temperature checks are done on cold storage facilities
• Receiving and unpacking of stock, packing of shelves. Reconciliation of purchase orders when required
• Maintaining monthly financial targets as set out by management
• Stock take and investigation of variances
• Assist with duties as and when instructed by your line manager thus ensuring you promote a harmonious team effort within the department.
• Maintain effective relationships with all internal and external customers, providing top quality, customer-centric service
• Ensure processes are in line with the working procedures and policies of the hospital.
Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree/Diploma or equivalent recognized qualification
• Current registration with the Allied Health Professional Council as a pharmacist
• Previous experience in a private hospital and knowledge on ethical, patent and surgical products would be an advantage
• Computer literate. Knowledge of Hospital Information systems would be an advantage
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills promoting co-operation and communication between departments
• Flexibility of duty time to suit departmental needs
• Pro-active and self-motivating, contributing to creating a work environment that encourages positive staff morale
• Ability to engage various stakeholders and must be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 11 January, 2021