Job Vacancy For Outgrower Scheme Manager
Agromite Limited is seeking to recruit a Outgrower Scheme Manager.
• The Outgrower Scheme Manager will plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of the Smallholder Farmers – Productivity and Profitability Improvement Programme (SHF-PPIP).
• Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, to meet the SHF-PPIP performance targets and goals.
• Ensuring the SHF-PPIP operations are aligned with our mission, vision and core values.
• This position may require some weeknights and weekend hours.
• Oversee activities directly related to the production and sales under the SHF-PPIP. Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish business performance targets.
• To plan and schedule the entire production and post-production programs including planting schedules, coordinate input access and delivery, agronomy plans, training, harvesting and aggregation in line with the contractual obligation of the SHF
• Train and coordinate Farm Enterprise Advisors (FEAs) to ensure they have the skills and competences to maximize productivity and quality including input use, agronomy, field trials, FBO development, record keeping, post-harvest management, business training etc.
• Ensure that farmers have the skills and the means to maximize agricultural productivity and quality. This may include implementing the Farming As A Business training for all FBOs, development of farmer cooperatives, literacy and numeracy, etc.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with Directors, other managers, and staff members as necessary.
• Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
• Provide input or lead the development of proposals for grants and funding request.
• Develop and implement new programs for smallholder farmers including knowledge transfer such as Smallholder Intensive Farming Training (SHIFT) program
• Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotion, field demonstrations, community demonstrations etc.
• Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, development partners and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good degree in Agriculture or business administration
• Working experience with smallholder farmers and development partners
• At least three years’ experience working in a management position in a reputable organization
• Good inter-personal relationship and proven team leader
• Ability to work under difficult conditions to meet stringent deadlines
• Proven leadership, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Practical knowledge of market analysis, project cycle and results-based management (RBM);
• Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, including the private sector (?nancial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders), private-sector research institutions, donors, governments and producers;
• Detail oriented and able to ef?ciently and accurately manage budgets
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
• Ability to take initiatives
• Highly proficient in computing including MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of basic agronomy and crop and livestock production systems.
• Self-motivated and committed to achieving excellence.
• Sound judgment with excellent decision-making, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Communication skills to work with company leadership to meet operational needs and company objectives.
• Passion for sustainable development, strong relationship skills, excellent sense of leadership and initiative, and willingness to adapt to rural environments.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send cover letter (mandatory), resume and 3 work-related references to:
Closing Date: 20 April, 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.