Job Vacancy For Nursing Officer – Current Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Reports To: Medical Director
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa.SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern techniques give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve the quality of life.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Function and Related Performance Criteria
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
As a Nursing Officer, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Duties and Responsibilities:
SGMC nursing personnel are responsible for catering to the needs of outpatients who visit SGMC for various purposes, like oncology or general consultation, day-care treatment, investigation, referral, treatment admission and post discharge follow up. They are accountable for the delivery of high standards of patient care according to SGMC and Ghana’s regulatory nursing standards.
As a Nursing Officer, you will be required to undertake the following:
• Work independently and in partnership with the medical and nursing staff to facilitate patient care and management in the OPD department:
o Assess, plan, implement and evaluate required patient care under the guidance of the Medical Director and clinical team.
o Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
o Prepare rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stocks of supplies are maintained.
• Maintain effective relationships between the multi-disciplinary team in the clinical environment:
o Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
o Keep accurate, timely and comprehensive records of patient care.
o Support clinical team by triaging patient problems pro-actively and assisting in the evaluation of symptoms and initiation of interventions
• Communicate effectively with patients/relatives, ensuring all clinical needs are met in a courteous, helpful and compassionate way.
• Ensure patient safety at all times. Safeguard against errors by following set SGMC protocols and Ensure procedures, with the knowledge that complex regimens of potentially lethal drugs are being employed in a variety of treatment settings. Bring to attention of management areas where these can be improved.
• Improve professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Comply with all necessary protocols and statutory obligations related to oncology patient care in Ghana
Customer Service around Patient Care
• Maintain strict confidentiality of patients and patient-related issues.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills appropriate to the age, type and developmental level of patients
• Treat all patients, visitors and staff members consistently, fairly and with respect.
• Demonstrate effective listening skills to provide support for patient needs.
• Communicate information requiring action by another member of the health care team.
• Ensure personal appearance and self-presentation is clean, neat and within the SGMC dress code and always wears current hospital identification.
• Willingly accept appropriate assignments.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience: Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing of an approved University.
• License/Certification: Certified Nursing Officer by the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Ghana
• Candidate must be ready to learn and familiarize themselves with working in a multidisciplinary environment
• Ability to work in a team
Remuneration: Above-market average
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants should please email their CV and applications to:
Closing Date: 26 February, 2021