Job Vacancy For Monitoring, Evaluation, Research And Learning (MERL) Manager – Current Jobs in Ghana
MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience – Monitoring, Evaluation, Research And Learning (Merl) Manager
Length of contract: All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
The MERL Manager is responsible for managing the overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Research strategy and implementation of related activities within MSG as well as partner agencies where necessary. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that high quality, accurate and timely information is available for internal and external reporting purposes and will communicate closely with all stakeholders involved in the design, implementation and coordination of projects.
The MERL Manager will also play a lead role in the continuing development and implementation of MSG’s performance framework and tools (including QTAs, CLIC and QAF). He/she will also serve as the key link person for MSG and the Global Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Team and actively support MSG’s Regional Managers to ensure a high degree of regional capacity to collect, collate and analyse projects performance data. S/he reports to the Director, Regional Operations.
• Manage and provide leadership to the Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) team
• Oversee the preparation and management of the work plan and budget for the MERL team and ensuring that the MERL team is compliant with all internal MSG policies (e.g. finance, procurement, human resource management, etc.)
• Provide necessary training, coaching and mentorship for the team.
• Work with project leads and Regional Managers to identify and address M&E training needs of team.
• Proactively identify knowledge gaps within the organisation and design strategic research and/or analysis of secondary data to address them.
• Support MSG to develop a culture of evidence-based decision-making across the programme.
• Undertake and ensure high technical quality research that fulfils both local and MSI ethical standards.
• Work with the Channel Lead, Centres and Centre Managers to put measures in place to increase the service income to cost ratios of the centre network and specific centre respectively.
• Maintain an accurate MIS database for management decision making and donor reporting.
• Undertake the publication and presentation of MSG research findings and articles in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
• Strengthen relations with key stakeholders and partners including Government, R3M and other researchers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Mathematics, Economics, Demography, Public Health, Agricultural Economics or Social Sciences required.
• Other relevant professional qualifications desired.
• At least six (6) years of post-graduate relevant work experience with a minimum of three (3) years at the managerial experience.
• Experienced in managing a team and proven ability to undertake training and capacity building.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing (including supervising field work), analysing and writing-up high quality research.
• Research, project management and INGO experience
• Demonstrated experience of actively collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
• IT literate – competence with MS Office, SPSS and EpiData.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
• Team player, hard work and results focused.
• Experience in working in health and sexual and reproductive health.
• Pro-family planning and pro-choice.
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community.
• Able to inspire and excite others about turning data into information.
• Problem-solving, ‘can do’ approach to challenges.
Location: Greater Accra Region
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
• Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
• Females are encouraged to apply
Closing Date: 19 February, 2021