Job Vacancy For Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
AMG Ghana is looking to employ a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
• Develop and implement the M&E system in coordination with staff,both in the project office and based in field sites.
• Responsible for regular M&E activities, including baseline data collection, quality assurance and quality improvement
• Monitor progress in terms of compliance results, indicators and advice on programmatic adjustments
• Provide project teams with guidance and support in appropriate means of gathering managing and analysing data
• Develop context-appropriate tools for collecting information necessary to monitor project activities, implement, refine and maintain consistent data collection methods for indicators of success
• Timely preparation and submission of reports and other deliverables
• Design and provide training as necessary to project and farmers, beneficiaries and counterparts
• Compile and manage programme data as well as document progress towards outcomes for internal and external reports
• Facilitate and coordinate project progress presentation ensure data utilisation for decision-making
• Provide advice on programmatic adjustments to be responsive to the changing environment and ensure programme results
• Provide the Chief Executive with management information he may require
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implication for future action. If necessary, create such discussion to fill any gap
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills or Experience
• Experience in monitoring & evaluation, Data analysis, reporting, design & implementation of project.
• Experience in pro-smallholder market development programmes.
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative survey tools and design.
• Experience in database design and management use of tables for data collection
• At least first degree in Agricultural economics, M&E, Development studies and in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area, including agriculture, statistics, international development.
• Experience in similar assignments or working for donor funded project(s) is highly desirable;
• Ability to write concise and clear reports;
• Strong communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate, willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
• Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
• Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining quality
• Advanced oral and written communication skills in English and a local language (Ga, Twi, Ewe,Hausa required).
Desired Competencies and Skills
• Proficient in statistical packages and basic knowledge in mapping software of deliverables within deadlines;
• Proficient in statistical packages and basic knowledge in mapping software may be desirable.
• Ability to work in a team, and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts at national, regional and headquarter level.
• High flexibility to travel frequently in the project regions.
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural background.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should send a cover letter indicating the position being applied for and their curriculum vitae (CVs) including email and telephone numbers of two referees to:
Closing Date: 25 May, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.