Job Vacancy For Midwives – Current Jobs in Ghana
MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience to occupy the under listed senior management position in the organisation.
Length of contract: one (1) year contract duration.
Title: Midwife- Greater Accra Region (Ashaiman)
• The Centre Midwife will be responsible for providing high quality core MSIG clinical services in the assigned centre of excellence.
• She will be required to support the Centre Manager to maintain high quality clinical service’s and to promote a congenial and professional atmosphere towards all clients
The midwife will report to the Centre Manager (Ashaiman and Dansoman)
• Efficiently provide clinical services including long acting family planning methods.
• Ensure proper maintenance of all clinical products and equipment
• Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary.
• Ensure that clinical complications at service delivery points are minimised or professionally managed when they occur.
• Provide core MSIG Clinical services including: IUCD, Implant insertion, MSP and MSMP.
• Support the Centre Manager to monitor monthly centre results and make appropriate recommendations to meet centre set targets.
• Assist with all clinical trainings at the centre level.
• Counsel and assist clients to make informed family Planning/sexual Reproductive Health decision
• Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre team meetings.
• Assist the Centre Manager to ensure formal communications with the various health partners where appropriate
• Support with the entry of all service data into Clic and other MSIG database as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Person Must:
• Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery.
• Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana and be of good Standing
• Be well versed in Ghana Health Service clinical policies, protocols and standards
• Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
• At least Three (3) years post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
• Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health
• Excellent provider-client interaction skills
• Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
• Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
• Passionate about maternal health, Prochoice, self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve result
This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated.
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 06 May, 2020