Job Vacancy For Medical Director – Current Jobs in Ghana
Our Client is a strategic operator within Ghana’s energy sector, with professional values that underpin its commitment to excellence in the services provided to its local and international clients. It seeks a seasoned medical professional with a track record in hospital administration, to serve and provide oversight over the facilities and staff of the Company’s Health Services subsidiary.
Among other responsibilities, the Medical Director will lead the provision and maintenance of a cost-effective health delivery system that would adequately cater for the health needs of staff and their dependents, retirees and their spouses, and others within its immediate local environs.
The Medical Director will perform key medical-related functions overall, and will primarily be responsible for:
• Managing the Company’s medical facilities and administering the Company’s health care procedures:
• Ensuring the proper delivery of healthcare within the Company’s medical facilities.
• Ensuring compliance with the relevant statutory rules, regulations and codes relating to the operations of a medical facility.
• Ensuring adequate supply and provision of medical facilities at the various locations of the Company.
• Ensuring proper implementation of staff medical examination protocols.
• Ensuring proper maintenance of employee medical and health records.
• Providing professional medical advice to and assisting the Company in relation to health requirements:
• Serve as medical expert in advising management on Workmen’s Compensation matters.
• Efficient and prudent management of the Company’s Health Services budget.
• Contributing to the development of curriculum, training and promotion of medical staff within the Company.
• Ensuring all round collaboration with relevant departments on medical issues.
• Assisting the Company and its Stakeholders to establish appropriate policies on health issues consequent to the Company’s strategic development projects.
• Enhancing cooperation with relevant internal and external stakeholders and institutions on health-related matters.
• Performing all other responsibilities necessary and relevant to the successful performance of the Company’s Health Service subsidiary.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Medical Director will be a seasoned professional with the following credentials:
• A minimum of MB ChB, or its equivalent.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant postgraduate experience, most of which must have been at senior supervisory level.
• Must possess a postgraduate qualification of Member or Fellow of the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons, the West African Colleges or other equivalent qualification. The fellowship level is an added advantage
• Excellent working knowledge of administration in a hospital environment.
• Experience with policies and procedures A managing resources and logistics.
• Knowledge and understanding of the relevant enactments for operating a medical facility
• Demonstrable ability to provide leadership and guidance to staff
• Must have a thorough understanding of the Company’s ill-health policy
• Must be a team player with demonstrated ability to manage, encourage and motivate a team of multidisciplinary professional staff.
• Strong analytical, supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to respond to new challenges and make appropriate decisions
• Must possess a sound professional network.
How To Apply For The Job
If you qualify for the role above, please apply with your CV Cover Letter with contact details by Monday, December 21, 2020 to:
The Search Consultant
Shawbell Consulting Limited
By hand to:
No. 7 Klottey Crescent,
Ring Road East,
Labone junction By Pass
North Labone, Accra
or by email:
Closing Date: 21 December, 2020