Job Vacancy For Mechanical Technician – Shaft Maintenance – Current Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Technician – Shaft Maintenance .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Shaft Maintenance Technician is accountable for executing statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all other shaft related Jobs in accordance with and ensuring compliance with LI2182, safely, in accordance with other compliance requirements, operational and standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the Senior Winder Driver for reporting performance
• Execute statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other shaft related Jobs in accordance with and ensuring compliance with LI2182
• Identify actions for continuous improvement and that compliant operability to requirements is ensured
• Organise and report information for the Shaft Supervisor to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
• Execute designated and tasked daily work checks on a routine scheduled basis.
• Report any anomalies to Shaft Supervisor/Shaft Log Book for the
• generation of work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
• Carry out daily pre-start and/or shift handover checks and complete check sheets as required according to the established schedules and also per plant requirements.
• Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
• Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work ( Slings, Chain Blocks, Wire Ropes etc.), create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
• Complete shift short interval control sheets as required
• Monitor operating parameters in accordance with standards provided and take corrective action as indicated or required
• Identify, communicate, and escalate potential cost reduction initiatives to the Supervisor
• Propose cost savings projects
• Execute work in a timely manner; escalate real or potential delays to the Supervisor
• Log monitored equipment performance for entry in asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure to Shaft Maintenance Supervisor
• Report directly to the Shaft Supervisor on issues
• Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Shaft Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary/Technical Education
• Completed mechanical apprenticeship from recognized scheme – example City and Guilds, National Vocation Level 1
• Certificate of competency issued by the Chief Inspector of Mines in accordance with LI2182
• An experienced mechanical tradesperson with 5+ years’ experience in underground mining
• Working knowledge of L2182
• Must have worked in a Similar Position and Conversant with Shaft Signalling
• Strong Mechanical Maintenance competencies in underground mining
• Excellent knowledge of requirements of LI2182
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
• Knowledge in AGA standards
• Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 10 January, 2020