Job Vacancy For Materials Planner – Current Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Materials Planner.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• This role is responsible for executing all materials planning routines and activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and directly support materials requirement planning and control decisions on the mine.
• The position will require building strong relations with Operations, Planned Maintenance, Warehousing, Purchasing and Finance as directed by the Materials Planning Superintendent and via scheduled meetings and engagements designed for the section.
• The role holder will comply with relevant Materials management systems, methods, policies, processes and standards in the Obuasi context and report to the Materials Planning Superintendent in terms of performance targets, standards and KPIs and risks in compliance with AGA CAR materials management, materials engineering and integrated Supply Chain management frameworks.
• Perform the established materials planning processes, routines and practices including the CIR, cataloguing of new items, materials engineering, and stock replenishment procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including requirements for Operations Readiness.
• Comply with established processes and procedures, including governance systems for cataloguing of new stock and non-stock items in SAP to maintain quality of SAP Materials Master data.
• Apply the right tools and documentation as designed to drive the work flow between Materials Planning, Purchasing, the Warehouse, Planned Maintenance, Engineering and Operations in achieving quality reviews and materials planning and stock replenishment decisions.
• Strictly comply with the governance system to ensure only routine items with validated future demand and critical parts are catalogued for purchasing and stocking.
• Advise end-users on substitute materials, supercedures in specifications, descriptions or part numbers and the creation of new stock codes.
• Personal development plan and training in cataloguing and materials planning processes and best practises in SAP ERP system
• Work with and demonstrate understanding of Materials Planning Models and systems as designed for critical and routine spares and consumables replenishment as reviewed and driven through SAP
• Collect and interpret data to a high standard of quality assurance and control
• Objective assessments and interpretation of SAP stock replenishment reports and recommendations.
• Monitor and prompt PR-PO cycle times as released by Buyers to meet internal KPI targets
• Cross Departmental collaboration
• Provision of materials planning knowledge and advice to all relevant stakeholders
• Completed internal and statutory reports with appropriate stock value, stock turnover, service level, obsolete stock, lines of new stock introductions, value of new stock introductions, critical items service levels, monthly complaints received and resolved, monthly statutory MinCom Returns, etc,etc
• Feedback and communications with peers and supervisors
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations management will be an advantage
• At least Three (3) years’ experience working in a supply chain environment.
• A working knowledge of Inventory Planning and control in mining, oil & gas or heavy industrial equipment operations.
• Familiarity with SAP ERP system or equivalent ERP application is a requirement.
• Understanding Inventory planning and controls forecasting & statistical modeling
• Ability to align inventory planning and control with commodity strategies
• Ability to understand the critical relationships among stock-out risks, service level targets and investments in inventory
• Analytical and Problem-solving abilities
• Presentation skills
• Local Regulations
• Cost management
• Project management
• Risk management
• Change management
• Audit, compliance and governance
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 21 February, 2020