Job Vacancy For Manager, Energy Sector Specialist – Current Jobs in Ghana
Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Manager, Energy Sector Specialist
The role holder will serve as technical advisor on all energy sector related matters and contribute to capacity building of specified entities in the sector towards enhanced financial performance and governance by the entities. He/She will also provide technical advice and support for the effective delivery of performance, monitoring and evaluation activities of specified entities in accordance with the established Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) framework.
• Conduct annual reviews of the mandates, organizational structures and strategic plans of specified entities in line with prevailing policies/reforms, economic and statistical data in the sector and make recommendations to the relevant stakeholders
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems and policies to facilitate the review and assessment of the operational activities of the specified entities
• Lead the provision of advisory services to specified entities in relation to performance issues and establish guidance mechanisms to enhance their financial performance
• Engage specified entities to ensure compliance with standard Corporate Social Responsibility programs open to specified entities and in line with applicable government policies
• Lead pre-negotiation and negotiation activities related to performance agreements and contracts with specified entities
• Lead engagements with the Board/key stakeholders of majority-owned Joint Venture Companies on matters and indicators related to the evaluation of board performance
• Provide technical assistance/advice in the conduct of audits of performance reports from specified entities
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of quarterly performance reports for submission to the required institutions
Qualification Required & Experience
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical/Process Engineering, Energy Technology, Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy or related field from a recognized university
• Relevant professional qualification (eg. Society of Petroleum Engineers, Incorporated Engineer (IEng), Chartered Engineer (CEng), etc)
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant professional experience in project development for private and public entities in the energy and power sectors of which two (2) years should be at managerial level.
• Experience with the implementation of associated sector-specific enabling regulations will be an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to:
Closing Date: 27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.